23 June 2017

To the course the long way

Not to play golf but just to enjoy the longer walk via the East bank for a change and sit in the sunshine on the bench outside the clubhouse accompanied only by 500 ml of "triple-hopped strong malt" India Pale Ale, to celebrate the final day of my part-time academic duties, until September. Students are generally fine but a mutual break from each other is healthy, although on my way back into town I did meet two who are scheduled to encounter my particular brand of teaching for the first time in September. During a brief exchange I informed them to expect to be going "up a level" from what they had just completed, but then told them not to worry. I am not sure they were convinced, and were perhaps concerned by the reek of triple-hopped beer. I may need to work on my pastoral reassurance skills and professional demeanour. We got a fine day.




7 comments:

Sean Jeating said...

Enjoy!

Elephant's Child said...

It looks like a blissful day for a meander.
Re your students to be? Truth in advertising is a fine thing.

Andrew said...

And I am flying to Cambridge on a solo trip for four days next week, staying in my old college and forgetting my age, so beer tasting and photo opportunities beckon.

Claude said...

Lovely walk!
Hope Cambridge trip is not old school's reunion. I used to abhor those events where everyone looks at everyone with unkind curiosity while analysing wrinkles and broken dreams of youth.
I loved Cambridge with Moss. Looking forward to your photos.

Andrew said...

Be reassured Claude, it is not a reunion, more of a solo retreat for a few days to reflect, revive and refresh.

susan said...

To me Perth looks like a place to reflect, revive and refresh. I guess it's always a matter of perspective.

Andrew said...

No matter where you live sometimes a change of scene and time alone in another fine place is highly recharging Susan. My laptop goes with me, and I do hope to take the time to develop some new work while supping some good ales, which is not really "work" actually.