14 June 2014

A word about words

One hundred and one thousand four hundred and ninety six words, apparently. Hmm... 101,496... Time to go back to the beginning and edit now, and write a few especially silly sections and a few firm fleshy bits, and then spend summer (although possibly also next summer) maybe trying to make them better and ready to please before I expire. I am lucky to have had a dozen or so solo-authored books published (I say "or so" because it rather depends on what you call "a book") most by several proper publishers and a few by myself, but the longest of these was about 63,000 words... so one hundred and one thousand four hundred and ninety six words (101,496) seems a lot now that I stand back and look. I'm rather pleased with myself (well somebody needs to be) but now the real work begins, and in the meantime, yes, I'll get back to going walks and ferry trips and taking pictures... There is a long road ahead, possibly, with lots of stones to shape and shift and add to and sometimes to look at in dismay and sigh or even curse and cry a little, but I am trying to look forward to it... It is currently a very rough road but...


...the road is the reason (for living)

4 comments:

susan said...

My surmise is that it's already amazing. Good luck and best wishes with the tweaking.

CherryPie said...

Life is about the journey and roads allow us to take that journey... If we choose to.

Elephant's Child said...

Long roads are a gift. So many possibilities...

Claude said...

Bon courage and Bonne chance!

Keep well and writing.