12 May 2014

Plant Puzzle 2

After the recent success of the wild garlic identification I should perhaps try a few more. I know a few names of what we have (such as daffodils, tulips, buttercups, daisies, rhus, grass, nettles, cow parsley, thistles, heather, quince, rhodendendron, birch, alder, dandelion, forsythia... oh, I am impressing myself actually) but I've never really been one for bothering about the names of things although I can usually remember those of my wife, son and daughter, so... any idea about this one on our minimally maintained riverbank?


Apart from the cherry tree on our dear cat's grave we have planted nothing, just accepting what was there and whatever out of what arrives on the wind that we choose to nurture. There may be a few more such puzzles as the flowers bloom (and since I don't know the answers you can feel free to sound superior while talking rubbish, as generally works for me in other contexts).

7 comments:

susan said...

I have no idea what it is either, but it's very picture worthy.

Claude said...

I'm always satisfied if you call a flower, 'Flower'. It's the look, never the name, that refreshes my heart, soul and mind.

CalumCarr said...

Probably wild geranium.

Sean Jeating said...

Very probably.

Andrew MacLaren-Scott said...

My horticultural colleagues support the geranium family categorization.

Anya said...

Wild geranium aka Cranesbill.

Andrew MacLaren-Scott said...

Thanks Anya.