11 May 2014

No, I would not like fries with that
No, I do not want a blueberry muffin too
No, I do not want caramel shortbread
No, I do not need windows that are new
No, I have not thought about increased life insurance
No, my drive does not need paved
No, your pension plan would not provide reassurance
And No, No, No! I do not need to find Jehovah to be saved
No I do not need any assistance
No, I'm simply looking round
No, I am not remotely interested in your scam
No, and No and No...
Be gone, just leave me as I am

7 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Good luck. Those are persistent questioners - and they breed too.

CherryPie said...

I quite agree with the answer NO NO NO!

My Mum has perfected it to an art when the questions are by phone. She says I can't hear/understand what you are saying. When they start their loop conversation at the beginning she says sorry I can't hear you and puts the phone down on them.

She is a little bit deaf and they are always foreign call centres...

Andrew MacLaren-Scott said...

My landline is perpetually on silent nowadays and I just check for messages each day. Cold-callers don't generally leave messages. My mobile does not receive cold calls (yet).

CherryPie said...

I personally just ignore the ringings unless I recognize the number that is calling... With one exception.

'Number withheld' at certain times of the day. Those calls are from a friend who is ex directory. But if we didn't pick up he would leave a message...

Andrew MacLaren-Scott said...

Much easier to ignore when on silent! And that way I don't get wakened when enjoying my lie-in days.

CherryPie said...

Ah...

I always turn my phone off at night ;-)

Except when for example my had broken her leg and might need a little help at short notice because she lives on her own.

Claude said...

I tell the caller, "I'll be with you in a minute." I put the phone on the table, and wait till he/she cuts the call. It never takes long...