8 February 2014

I see a blur of me, and thee

The closest thing I have ever had to the feeling of an epiphany came when I looked into the eyes of a friend and suddenly the thought just came to me that it was like looking in a mirror. It seemed, in that instant, on that long lost evening, that I suddenly realised my connection to the sea of consciousness and that we are all just brief upwellings of the same damn thing. And if, for a moment, we could feel what it was like to be another person, that we would just think, "Oh... It's still me!" You see? Just frothy waves in the conscious sea. Maybe. Identity, all blurry, you, and them, and me...


And yes, I was under the influence of chemical intervention with the neurons at the time.

8 comments:

Cassie said...

Thee being Silleeeee ? :)

John Foster said...

This post has unsettled me. I know too little about you to want to be you Andrew and, anyway, am very content with being me particularly now with my Sunday brunch before me.

Andrew MacLaren-Scott said...

Unless you know a lot more about me than you realise, John.

And "Cassie" eh? That has me wondering about who you are.

Claude said...

It's hard enough to be just me. And often, I'm not doing well at all at it.

Andrew MacLaren-Scott said...

It is indeed hard enough to just be me Claude. You see? ... You knew.

CherryPie said...

We are all part of each other and connected. If only we know how to look...

Claude said...

I know that, Cherie, But, sometimes, I'm tired of everybody following me wherever I go. If only the world would let me be.... or not be,as I decide on certain days.

Ashley Lily Scarlett said...

All in one and one in all.