17 October 2013

yM middled mund

I don't know why I bother stating on this blog how regular or irregular posts of whatever nature may be, because there is a monkey in my mind that keeps messing about with my priorities, much like this monkey on the top of an information board in Dundee, whose messing around with "Information" always amuses me greatly, as well as making me seek possible deeper meanings within. And he seems to be conveying a debatable message in the Scots language too.


And there is that imp in my mind as well, who keeps whispering the latest adventures of Adrig and Edrig and others as yet unpublicised to me, and with the monkey and the imp playing havoc all the time it is a wonder that I ever manage to convey a pretence of sanity at all. And maintaining that pretence is not easy while keeping up the monthly howling at the moon too:


And whatever other priorities I have, and I do... the imp keeps insisting that there are things I should report sooner than intended. Sigh... I think I will be banning myself from ever attempting to predict what will happen next, on this blog, or in my mind, or anywhere else... But looking back,  I do know that it has been a strange week, so far.

11 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Sanity is overrated - and frequently misdiagnosed.

Andrew MacLaren-Scott said...

And if those around me, and who seem to be in charge of things, are deemed 'The Sane', I think I may prefer to seek my company and my guidance elsewhere.

Pearl said...

That monkey -- he lives in my head sometimes, makes it hard to sleep. :-)

Then again, he tells wonderful stories.

Greetings from Minneapolis!

Pearl

Syncopated Eyeball said...

I think that too, Andrew. As you know, I'm not the most emotionally stable person, but when I see world "leaders" doing what they do, I feel I must surely be saner than they are. And I wonder how many of them are sociopaths, and I'm not joking.

Andrew MacLaren-Scott said...

Hello Pearl, and thanks for visiting, and greetings from Scotland. Monkeys and imps are all over the place, I find, especially in the sleepless mind.

Andrew MacLaren-Scott said...

I know that you are not joking Ashley, and it's not funny.

Claude said...

Everybody knows that I am the only sane person on this planet. I am not responsible for what happens elsewhere.

Andrew MacLaren-Scott said...

I rather wish you were responsible for what happens elsewhere (though perhaps I should be careful what I wish for)

CherryPie said...

That is a great signboard, I must visit there someday. As long as he doesn't mess too much with my mind.

Andrew MacLaren-Scott said...

It's worth a visit Cherie, just to get on board and explore Captain Scott's ship Discovery, the interior cabins being very atmospheric I found, and then there is Glamis Castle nearby, Scone Palace, Broughty Ferry Castle, lovely hills, and so on. Dundee has a fairly poor reputation but that reputation is increasingly out of date with good changes, a lovely waterfront promenade, new art gallery being built, a lot of quirky street sculptures, a very "on the up" university and research base and other good things. I do enjoy my trips to Dundee several times each year. A few of the Lady Lords are rather scary though...

CherryPie said...

I have been to Scone Palace, but that was a long time ago now. It sounds like I missed out on a lot of other interesting things.