19 October 2013

Little tree time

Self-propagated little suckers who have burrowed in from next door, and now losing their leaves for the very first time. Fear not little trees, another Spring should come, and I have decided that you can stay. It's a shame that the lady next door chopped down your Momma a few months ago, but you have reached safety now.




These are Rhus "Staghorn" suckers, and I do know that some brutal and regular control of the further suckers burrowing out from these suckers will be required, but no need to worry them about that just yet, although my saw has already cut circles in the ground around the little infants.

4 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Happy little escapees.

Elephant's Child said...

And lucky too.

Claude said...

You can't trust this big tall Scotchman, little infant trees. Jump into space and come here. You'll be safe in my garden. I promise!

CherryPie said...

Cute little trees that will grow into magnificent and large trees.