20 October 2013

In the Cathedral of Consumption


I am rather proud to say that I bought nothing, having planned for just a coffee and a read, but seeing the long queue I just filled a Cafe Nero paper cup with some of the Cafe Nero tap water from the jug by the Cafe Nero cutlery stand, sat down on a nice soft Cafe Nero sofa, read for about an hour, forgot all about the plan to buy a coffee, and then it was time for this sinner to leave, while asking my lady, 'Did you buy anything?', to which she replied, 'No.'

Shocking confessions.

4 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

A cheap day out...

Claude said...

I shudder to thank of what will be your punishment for using the space, drinking water, and not giving a penny to the establishment. I'll send you a care parcel monthly.

Andrew MacLaren-Scott said...

Maybe the hundreds of coffees I have bought from them on other days will be accepted in my plea for leniency.

CherryPie said...

Last of the big spenders!