5 August 2013

North Berwick

It was so exhausting watching our daughter roller skate a marathon for charity at East Fortune airfield motor race track we just had to make a little mid-marathon trip to a seaside balcony for coffee, toasties and a bit of a rest, before returning to witness the final few laps of her 26.2 mile journey. Gosh I'm tired tonight...




I really wasn't sure that she would manage it, but then remembering her pre-training "determined face" I should never have doubted her.


11 comments:

susan said...

I can understand how exhausting that must have been for you both. I'm happy to hear she made it through the grueling course.

Claude said...

Bravo Alison! I had NO doubt.

You both need a good long rest, Mr.and Mrs. S. and lots of coffee/toasties. I am betting that this is only the beginning of many marathons you will have to survive!

Syncopated Eyeball said...

That last landscape is a beauty.

Elephant's Child said...

Loud applause from here.

Craig said...

A wonderful effort, well done! I rather like North Berwick and your photos do it justice - lovely.

Andrew MacLaren-Scott said...

Really Claude? I should keep my training schedule going then. Will go out for a large latte with my newspaper today.

Andrew MacLaren-Scott said...

Thanks. It is a nice view.

Andrew MacLaren-Scott said...

Thanks. It wasn't easy, but the moist and warm mozarella on the toastie did help the roasted vegetables go down... I'll tell the girl she can be included in the applause for her effort too.

Andrew MacLaren-Scott said...

It is nice Craig, and I can recommend the balcony cafe at The Seabird Centre

Andrew MacLaren-Scott said...

We try to do our bit Susan :)

CherryPie said...

I am glad she made it. Well done!!

You managed some great nature shots along the way :-)