27 June 2013

Strawberry fields forever


Partially quoting: John Lennon & Paul McCartney:

 Let me take you down 
‘Cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields ...
Living is easy with eyes closed
Misunderstanding all you see 
It's getting hard to be someone 
But it all works out 
It doesn't matter much to me ...
But you know I know when it's a dream 
I think I know I mean a 'Yes'
But it's all wrong 
That is I think I disagree ...
Living is easy with eyes closed
Misunderstanding all you see 
It's getting hard to be someone 
But it all works out 
It doesn't matter much to me ...
 Let me take you down 
‘Cause I'm going to Strawberry Fields ...

6 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Can I come too?

Andrew MacLaren-Scott said...

A baby elephant will be most welcome, and most appropriately bizarre and refreshing too, even if only a metaphorical one, or whatever kind of one you are.

Craig said...

They're coming on a treat under those poly tunnels, which we could do with here today in Ayrshire :(

Pete McAdam said...

That used to sound magical to my young ears back then. Now I realise that it was the drugs. (not mine, theirs)

Andrew MacLaren-Scott said...

Ha ha... it actually all makes much more sense to me now than it did when I was young, including the lines I selectively removed. This should perhaps be a worry to me...

Andrew MacLaren-Scott said...

The pretty young East European lasses (mainly) have been picking away for some weeks now, and will continue for quite some time yet. I have sampled some of them (the berries, I mean) and they are very nice.