7 April 2013

A tale of more coffees

As Dickens never said (though I am thinking of the start of A Tale of Two Cities)... It was a day like any other day, and yet a day unlike any other day. It was another Sunday, and another Sunday Times, although in Stirling this time, not in Perth or Edinburgh or Dundee, and it was a very different Sunday and a very different Sunday Times. It was just another large latte, and yet, it was a different large latte. It was just me again, and yet it was a different me... and I am no Charles Dickens, but I am what I am (unfortunately?).


It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way - Charles Dickens

8 comments:

Craig said...

The familiar can be so very different. Alternative is good sometimes!

CalumCarr said...

Perth, Stirling, Dundee, Edinburgh and your wee village. Man, you know how to see the world.

Only jealous cos I don't get beyond Edinburgh.

Claude said...

I love me some Dickens, with my coffee and the Sunday paper.

Elephant's Child said...

Nix to the coffee and nix to Dickens (I never warmed to him somehow). The Sunday papers and a cup of tea sounds good though.

CherryPie said...

It sounds like a perfect day to me. But who am I to know ;-)

Syncopated Eyeball said...

Cafe Nerd? ;)

Don QuiScottie said...

Ha Ha. Cafe Nero actually. He who probably didn't really fiddle while Rome burned. But often looks like Cafe Nerd with all the laptops using wifi (mine included)

Syncopated Eyeball said...

I know, I was being cheeky. :)