17 March 2013

Time travel daughter

The official story here is that my daughter was invited to a "Fifties-Style Hen Party" which involved all the twenty-first century lasses dressing up as mums from the 1950s and making lots of cupcakes, as they presumably imagined mums from the 1950's might do, and hence I got sent the two images below, of her and her very own cupcakes.

Hmm... Of course those who know me and know of my many contacts with other worlds will see through that implausible explanation, and will realise that I have actually been on a trip back to the fifties, where I found someone who looks rather like my own young mother as I remember her in the fifties when I was aged between zero and five. Whichever truth you wish to believe in, here are two very different pictures from my usual offerings on this place. And the second version of the truth has got me very confused, but that's what time travel does to you.

7 comments:

Don QuiScottie said...

Zooming in close on the posters may be thought to reveal the truth, unless there is a complicated double-bluff going on here :) Nothing is ever quite as it seems in this strange universe.

CherryPie said...

I am now left wondering if your Daughter was your Mother.

One of those strange anomalies!

Don QuiScottie said...

And she was not too chuffed to be told that she looks like her Granny, even though I meant it in a time-adjusted way but I don't think that's how she chose to take it. Meanwhile I look in my mirror and see my Dad emerging more convincingly every day, while my son seems in some danger of acquiring aspects of me. It is all very confusing and I have no idea at all of what is really going on. The cupcakes are lovely though.

Claude said...

The cupcakes are splendid. And the young daughter looks superb. I wonder where she found the dress. I remember that period very well....

The Elephant's Child said...

The woman from the fifties looks stunning. (Not a fan of cup-cakes though).

Knatolee said...

WHere do you hide your tardis?

Daughter looks great, cupcakes look delish!

Don QuiScottie said...

I don't own any fancy vehicles Knatolee, I cadge free rides in them.

Cupcakes are a bit too sickly for me too EC

The dress was obtained from the fifties Claude (sticking to the time travel version)