19 March 2013

The March of Time

Three views from the same location over the River Earn in March 2010, March 2011, and March 2012; but from very different locations as the planet swings around the sun, as the sun swings around the galactic centre, as the galaxy swings along its own predictable path, as time marches through another March.




I have been assured by a strange little lady that, contrary to what I had just told her, it will not all end in tears, because she says there will be nobody left to cry; but in the background I think I heard the faint strains of a band playing "Believe it if you like". It is all very odd around here these days.

3 comments:

The Elephant's Child said...

Beautiful images all. I view tears as a way of ridding my body of toxins - and sometimes there are a lot to be expelled. Just the same, I hope the lady is telling you the truth. Such as it is.

jams o donnell said...

The Moving Finger writes; and, having writ,
Moves on: nor all thy Piety nor Wit
Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line,
Nor all thy Tears wash out a Word of it.

CherryPie said...

It does march on doesn't it...