30 December 2012

Birthday girl

Exactly 24 years after the long evening in Edinburgh waiting for her to come out for the first time, there I was in the car killing time waiting for her to come out again.


She looks a bit moody here, having finally made it to the passenger seat, but actually she was fine. I think she just wanted the moody look for the record. I don't understand how she can be 24 already when it seems about five years since she was a toddler riding through town up on my shoulders, but time is a strange thing when pondered from inside a mind.

4 comments:

CherryPie said...

Time does play strange tricks on the mind.

Happy Birthday to your (darling) girl :-)

Claude said...

Best wishes!

Great photo!

jams o donnell said...

Time plays weird tricks doesn't it

The Elephant's Child said...

Oh yes. Time is one of the most flexible things I know. Happy (by now belated) birthday to your beautiful girl.